With the heat turning up this weekend, here are some tips for visiting our North Coastal San Diego Beaches!
Storing your valuables:
1. Use a lotion bottle to hide valuables. Cut off the top and stash your wallet, money, and keys. Replace the top.
2. Or, you can use a large peanut butter jar and bury it in the san (under your blanket or beach chair).
3. You can also sew a wash cloth onto a corner of your beach towel to make a pocket. Put items in a sealable plastic bag, and place them inside the pocket. Lay the towel pocket-side-down so no one can see it.
General packing and clever tips for a great day at the beach:
1. Use a mesh hamper for beach toys. The sand will fall right through!
2. If you must use your phone at the beach, place it in a plastic baggie. The touch screen will still work.
3. Bring cupcake liners. They can be placed over drinks and under ice cream/popsicles.
4. Re-use plastic containers like Coffee Mate bottles to dispense snacks/crackers.
5. Make sure to bring a few trash bags for your own trash and perhaps to pick up a bit around you, leaving the beach better than you found it.
6. Place a roll of toilet paper in a plastic baggie. Public restrooms run out sometimes! Don’t laugh this is a great tip ………
Barbara Maguire – Pacific Sotheby’s International Realty
Your North Coastal San Diego Connection in Real Estate